Combining research, training and innovation
Université Gustave Eiffel fulfils both the missions of a university that contributes to the public service of higher education as well as those of a research organisation.
The first are as follows :
- Initial training and lifelong learning
- Scientific and technological research, dissemination and promotion of our results for the benefit of society
- Guidance, social promotion and professional integration
- Dissemination of humanistic culture, in particular through the development of the humanities and social sciences, and of scientific, technical and industrial culture
- Participation in the construction of the European Higher Education and Research Area ;
- International cooperation
The second are as follows :
- Conducting, commissioning, guiding, leading and evaluating research, development and innovation in the fields of urban engineering, civil engineering and construction materials, natural hazards, mobility of people and goods, transport systems and means and their safety, infrastructure, its uses and impacts, considered from the technical, economic, social, health, energy, environmental and human points of view.
The first take place primarily on the Marne-la-Vallée campus. However, we intend to extend them to the various campuses of our university (Lyon, Nantes, Lille, Mediterranean, Versailles), in coordination with local universities, with the aim of conducting high-quality research in the service of society, offering training adapted to the socioeconomic world and supporting public policies.
Finally, the university has taken up the missions of the four founding educational establishments (engineering schools and an architecture school) which, each in their own field, offer high-level training with the advanced skills expected by the professional world, supported by all the university's research forces, which are themselves structured around research and expertise areas.
From fundamental research to the introduction of innovations
Université Gustave Eiffel’s mission is to carry out fundamental and applied research, methodological studies and the development of tests and prototypes, to provide expertise and advice, and to disseminate and promote its research results, including through technical regulations and standardisation, technical support, technology transfer and certification. This work is carried out within the framework of international collaborations and institutional, academic and industrial partnerships.
Ethics, deontology and research integrity
Discovering, inventing, innovating, providing answers to major or seemingly trivial questions, any new contribution to the existing body of knowledge requires the reported facts to be accurate. Research activity must be conducted by honest researchers who are respectful of their colleagues, follow a rigorous methodology, cite their sources and the previous results on which they base their research, aim as far as possible and in accordance with the law for open access publications, data and source codes that are safeguarded and, as far as possible, openly available and re-usable.
These measures ensure the transparency and reproducibility of the research. The university follows these principles and values, which it considers fundamental.
Université Gustave Eiffel is committed to ethics, deontology and research integrity and provides its staff with the following services:
- A research integrity representative (RIS)
- A deontology representative
The university will soon have an ethics committee; an independent advisory body whose opinions are public.