The participation of IFSTTAR and the IGN, means that Université Gustave Eiffel is a member of the Scientific and technical Network (RST) of the Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition. With some 40 scientific and technical organisations, this network fosters collaboration on themes of major interest to the Ministry. It is partly structured around "scientific and technical hubs" (PST) that bring together local organisations, in which the University participates, in particular the Paris Est “Sustainable City” PST and the Rhône-Alpes “Mobility of persons and freight” PST.
Université Gustave Eiffel will continue, in a manner that is still to be defined, its member institutions' participation in Alliances and Conferences. With regard to the National Research Alliances, the University is a founding member of the Allenvi Alliance (as was IFSTTAR and the Conference of University Vice-Chancellors) and an associate member of the Ancre Alliance. Under the CPU or the CDEFI (Conference of the Directors of French Engineering Schools), the University will also be represented in the other Alliances: Athena, Aviesan and Allistène. Some of the founding members of the University belong to Conférence des Grandes Écoles.
Université Gustave Eiffel is a founding member of the Université Paris-Est Community of Universities and Institutions (ComUE), which was the melting pot within which it was created. It maintains close ties with the other founding members, in particular the École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, with which it is associated in the I-Site FUTURE project (Future Investment Programme - PIA), and Université Paris-Est Créteil. Université Gustave Eiffel maintains relations with many ComUE, as most of the University's campuses are involved in projects with the Idex or I-Site label:
- On the Nantes site: the University is involved in the NExT I-Site project. It is in regular contact with the University of Nantes and the École Centrale de Nantes.
- On the Villeneuve d'Ascq site: the University is associated with the ULNE I-Site project.
- On the Bron and Marseille - Salon-de-Provence sites: the University keeps abreast of the progress of work at Université de Lyon and Aix-Marseille Université through its jointly-managed research units and its strategic collaborations with the ENTPE in the case of Lyon.
In addition, Université Gustave Eiffel maintains official scientific links with other institutions via 21 jointly-managed research units (UMR). The other participants in these units are the CNRS (9), UPEC (6), ENPC (4), CNAM (2), Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (2), etc.
|Name of the Jointly Managed Research Unit||Other supervisors|
|Information and communication system for the digital age – DICEN||CNAM, Nanterre|
|Electronics, Communication Systems and Microsystems - ESYCOM||CNAM|
|Research Team on the Use of Individual Data in Relation to Economic Theory - ERUDITE||UPEC|
|Institute of Earth Sciences - ISTERRE||UJF, CNRS, USMB, IRD|
|Management Research Institute- IRG||UPEC|
|Urban Planning Laboratory - LAB'URBA||UPEC|
|Laboratory for Analysis and Applied Mathematics - LAMA||UPEC, CNRS|
|Gaspard-Monge IT Laboratory- LIGM||CNRS, ENPC|
|Transport and Traffic Engineering Laboratory- LICIT||ENTPE|
|Applied Biomechanics Laboratory - LBA||AMU|
|Biomechanics and Impact Mechanics Laboratory - LBMC||UCBL1|
|Laboratory for Psychology and Applied Ergonomics - LaPEA||Université de Paris|
|Interdisciplinary Laboratory for Political Studies Paris-Est Hannah Arendt Institute - LIPHA-PE||UPEC|
|LISIS Interdisciplinary Laboratory for Sciences, Innovations and Societies - LISIS||CNRS, INRA|
|Navier Laboratory||CNRS, ENPC|
|Technologies, Territories and Societies Laboratory - LATTS||CNRS, ENPC|
|Multiscale Modelling and Simulation - MSME||UPEC, CNRS|
|Observatory of the Human Condition||Ministère de la Culture, CNRS|
|SATIE Laboratory of Systems & Applications of Information & Energy Technologies - SATIE||CNRS, ENSPS, ENS Rennes, UCP|
|Environmental Acoustics Laboratory - UMRAE||CEREMA|
|Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment - UMRESTTE||UCBL1|
The University also has formal links with numerous institutions through partnership agreements:
- Through Laboratories of Excellence (Labex). The University will support the Marne-La-Vallée Labexes that were initially supported by Université Paris-Est (Futurs Urbains, Sites, MMCD) and participates through its units in the work of the following Labexes: CELYA (Acoustics, Health, Cognitive Sciences), OSUG@2020 (Climatology, Hydrology, Seismology) and PRIMES (Physics, Radiobiology, Medical Imaging and Simulation).
- Through CNRS Research Federations: The Ile-de-France Mechanics Federation, the Institute for Research in Urban Science and Technology, the Fuel Cell Laboratory, etc.
- Through an observatory of the sciences of the universe (OSUNA), Scientific Interest Groups and CNRS Research Groups.
Finally, the research laboratories maintain multiple links with various academic partners, in the form of joint research teams (six joint teams with INRIA, CEA, École Polytechnique, CNRS, Agrocampus Ouest, etc.).